Re: fuel pump LONG

To: Fred Thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Subject: Re: fuel pump LONG
From: levilevi@home.com
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 19:46:26 -0600
Cc: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, british-cars@autox.team.net
Fred,

I think you need to vent your problem...sorry Fred I couldn't resist
that opener.  All seriousness aside it sounds like you might have a fuel
tank that isn't venting (is a TR3 cap or tank vented??).  When you're
driving you probably have enough emufff in the fuel pump to over come
the vacuum in the tank (if it is plugged up somewhere).  But when you're
starting it the pump may not be able to overcome the vacuum with the
revs from the starter motor.  Once you fiddle around with it you may be
releasing the vacuum or it leaks off after a time.  Does your gas cap
whoosh when you open it?  You know what that means!

But this is just a theory.

Bud
71TR6 CC57365
71TR6 CC65446