loose hose clamps

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: loose hose clamps
From: Rodney Orr <rodney@mindoro.com>
Date: Sun, 30 May 1999 21:32:49 -0600
Just a note to remember to keep an eye on your hose clamps.  Was doing my
share for BCW yesterday when I had a coolant leak.  Not a broken hose, but
one that had simply come off the fitting.  As I had just replaced the same
hose last year, I was especially surprised it had come loose so quickly -
let alone at all.  I use the 'normal' type screw-down hose clamps.  The
point of this little note is that I checked every other hose clamp and they
were all loose by 2-3 turns, and they were all tightened last year too.
I'm wondering if hoses are something that should be tightened while hot -
maybe with a drop of locktite?  Anyway, something else to add to the
'frequent maintenance' list.
Rod.  '70 TR6  CC55899L