Re: TRF Spitfire Summer Party

To: "Michael" <blue_jay@bigfoot.com>
Subject: Re: TRF Spitfire Summer Party
From: "Jeff Burns" <jburn@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 08:33:06 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <spitfire-enthusiast@egroups.com>, "Auto X Team Net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi Michael,
You betcha'  that I've got the tell-tale chocolate stains on my brand new
TRF rear bumper, how annoying! I'm planning to extend it back as far as I
can, short of the Y-pipe conflicting with the differential. This will put
the outlets back about 1~2" further, hopefully minimizing the problem. Also,
I need to tweak the timing and possibly the Weber DGV, it may be running a
bit rich, not fouling plugs though. A problem that I have now and will be
more prevalent after extending, is rain water getting in the end-pipes. I
presently have a piece of visquene and a bungy cord taking care of it. Not
pretty, but it works.

"... the 2000 TRF party should definitely be a Spitfire event..." Amen!

Jeff Burns
76 Spitfire FM 46763 UO
http://home1.gte.net/jburn/index.htm