fuel pump

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: fuel pump
From: Fred Thomas <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 09:14:48 -0400
Listers, the problem after 5 days seems to have been solved, let me
retrace my steps so as this never happens to you. Rebuild of pump was
exact & correct = fuel shut-off valve was open & operating = 1/2 tank of
petrol with good feed and no blockage = line from shut-off to fuel pump
was operating = line from fuel pump to carbs was producing "0" == the
line coming out of the pump was inserted all the way in and closed-off
against the inside of the pump = pulled it out 1/16" and the car starts
and operates as it was intended, so simple and 5 days of agrivation,
cussing, and no sleep, an attorney on this list in Illinois  said it
properly = a retired person with too much time on his hands, "If it
ain't broke don't fix it". I can't thank this unbleiveable list for the
many kind and helpfull replys, funny how frustration turns too joy when
the problem is solved, great feeling.   again many thanks  "FT"