What I did for BCWIII

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: What I did for BCWIII
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 10:34:12 EDT
Listers,

Just got back Saturday evening from the MGBV8 convention in Champaign/Urbana
Illinois. Had a great time, great trip, putting over 1500 miles on the TR6 in
the process. Many thanks to list member Ken Gano and his beautiful wife
Charlie for putting up with me for the time I was there. Ken and I kept the
roads hot with the TR6.

Those of you who worry about today's youngsters need to meet Ken and
Charlie's three boys, Ben, Alex, and Jake. If there are enough youngsters in
the country like them, I can assure you the country's future is bright
indeed!  Three of the finest young men it's been my pleasure to meet.

I did my best to uphold the honor of the TR6 against the V8 MGs, but as you
might imagine, it was no contest at the drag strip. The hottest speed of the
day was a Ford 302 powered B, with a 102 mph (they didn't have equipment to
time the runs, just police radar for top speed). Slowest speed was a stock 4
cylinder B with a 65 mph. Me?  I turned in a very respectable 73 mph on each
of two trips down the strip. Not bad, considering the magazine writers when
the cars were new turned in speeds ranging from 72 mph (carbureter version)
to 82 mph (150 hp PI version).

The car performed flawlessly the whole trip, without any problems at all, but
I didn't see any other LBC except at the meet and Ken's TR3, nearing
completion.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

                    http://members.aol.com/danmas/