Exaust poping sound

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Exaust poping sound
From: "John Linnerth" <jklinn@kw.igs.net>
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 20:59:52 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Thanks in advance for any help with this problem

I have been following the list for some tome now and have gained many
helpful hints.

I have just started driving me TR6 a little more after being in storage all
winter.....it needed a MC rebuild first thing this spring.

I have been noticing a popping sound from the exhaust when shifting
especially from 1st to 2 nd and 2nd to 3ed
it sound different than when you down shift at a stop.

I thinking maybe timing?
Any help would be appreciated.

Also what is the correct spark plug to use ?

John Linnerth   (VE3OVO)
Waterloo  Ontario

76 TR6  CF53131U