Re: Factory installed windscreens

To: "'triumph-list'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Factory installed windscreens
From: "Sampson, Neil" <Neil.Sampson@sbs.siemens.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 11:15:25 +0100
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 22:03:48 +0100
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>

>>I was getting the windscreen replaced in my Truck
-snippetty snip snip...

>Absolutely the way they used to do it. The 'technique' is known (here
>anyway, as 'stringing'
-chop, chop, chop...

Only a few months after buying my GT6 mk3, i ventured out and attempted to
replace the rear glass-to-bootlid seal...only after a few hours i realised
the use of something like string to help get the rubber-seal in place...on
completion the glass remained intact, despite being covered in sweat, blood
(lots of... managed to gain cuts of varying depths and lengths all the way
up my arms, over my hands - luckily no paints scratched though !), string
and small pieces of rubber.  not the most enjoyable or successful of tasks,
but it seems to be keeping the rain out (at the moment).

things we do for our pride&joy...
neil
GT6 mk3 (1973) - Christine