Three TR3 questions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Three TR3 questions
From: Bob and Nancy <wises@mail.execpc.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 21:23:56 -0500
--============_-1279425857==_ma============

Dear Assembled Triumph Intelligentsia,

        After owning my '60 TR3A for 13 years (and never driving it), I
finally got the body back from the paint shop.  Now the process of
reassembly begins.  The good news is that I have boxes and boxes of parts,
many new bits ordered from TRF.  The bad news is I no longer remember where
they all go.
        With that introduction in mind, who can answer the following arcane
TR questions?

        1.  I have in my possession two "T3 piece, door top edge filler"
from TRF (part #  650045).  They are a foam filler piece, ~3" in length.
Does anyone know where I should put them (Note:  Greg Petrolati do NOT
answer that question).

        2.  I have other TRF parts (x2) that are also a seal, same profile
as that above, yet they are 16" long and unmarked.  Any guesses?

        3.  How the heck is the seal under the door (also from TRF)
supposed to fit?  I have tried it both ways and neither allows the door to
close completely.  Do I need to reposition the door or what?

        Thanks for all the potential answers.  The correct respondent wins
a ride in my car (when its done, sometime later, probably in the next
millenium).

Bob