Possible Bump Steer Fix? (TR6)

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Possible Bump Steer Fix? (TR6)
From: "Kai Radicke" <mowogmg@pil.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 21:48:01 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
I was doing some research on the TVR 2500M and caught this by glancing over
it.

"The main cause of the bump steer is the stock TR6 steering arms. They cause
a steep angle between the steering rack and the tie rod end,. To cure, use
the 'shallow droop' TR4 steering arms (not all TR4 arms are alike). It is
likely that TVR designed the suspension geometry with the TR4 part in mind,
then some clever soul changed to TR6 parts without consulting anybody..."

Considering how much of the front suspension is TR6 on the 2500M, would this
be a feasible swap in a TR6?  (the only things TVR are the wishbones, spring
and shock... and the steering linkage and vertical link is still TR6).  The
steering rack of a 2500M is also TR6, with the exception of longer tie rod
ends; which I don't think, would effect this modification.

I'll find some of these TR4 steering arms and take measurements Monday, it
should be interesting; especially as my TR6 suffers from a decent amount of
bump steer.

Cheers,

--
Kai M. Radicke -- kradick1@ic3.ithaca.edu