Sport Exhaust

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Sport Exhaust
From: Joe Merone <jmerone@rocketmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Aug 1999 09:56:52 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: geronimo@sonic.net
Gerry:

Welcome finally to the world of Triumph ownership.
The story on your web page of obtaining your car is a
good one.

Although I do most of the dirty jobs on my TR6 myself
when it comes to exhaust work I let the guys at Midas
do it.  It's just quicker.  When they installed my
sport system last year they just fashioned some
hangers and mounted the muffler brackets up through
the spare tire well.  I didn't have any "holes" there
either.  But with a little drilling that problem was
rectified and they mounted up fairly easily.  After a
little adjusting for tailpipe height I was on my way.

With the sport system, be prepared for an INCREASE in
sound decibels from what you're used to.  Around town
the sound is the greatest but on the highway the
drone might get to you after a while.  Good thing
you're not going to install a radio.  It would be
useless anyway at 65mph.

Joe Merone
CF18928

From: "Gerry Geronimo" <geronimo@sonic.net>
Subject: TR6 Sports Exhaust  System

Also, where do the mounting brackets for the 2
mufflers attach to? The
minimal instructions I received with the mounting kit
implies that these
mounting brackets are attached to holes in the "boot"
but I can't find
these
holes. Has anybody installed this system on their TR6?

Any help would be appreciated.

Gerry Geronimo
geronimo@sonic.net
73 TR6 - CF7760U (http://www.sonic.net/~geronimo/tr6)