Bios

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Bios
From: Wiard Pless <wmpless@netcom.ca>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 13:43:51 -0400
Hello,
Enjoyed very much reading the bios of the list members and also would
like to send my details. My name is Wiard Pless and have been married
for over 25 years to Monika.

In 1966 we moved from Germany to Canada. We wanted to be in Montreal
when the Expo was on and then move back a couple of years later.
However, this still has not happened. Since 1972 we live in the west end
of Toronto. For many years we enjoyed sailing and did not have enough
time for special cars.

In 1989 I had a mutiny and the boat was sold as house and boat became
too much work.
Then I started to look for a special car. Many years ago I had a
Frog-Eye and always
wanted one again. But when I saw the cars again they were just too small
and under powered. I ended up buying a  1971 TR6 which has been restored
in the meantime.
Then I saw a TR 4 A in CA for sale and it is also in my garage now,
driveable but requiring more work. The dog - a Rottweiler - likes the
open cars and my wife comes
along as she does not trust me with her pet.
The Triumph List is great and I appreciate the help received from many
people.

Many years ago I had
a BMW Isetta - drove it to the Expo in Brussels
a Lloyd 400 - station wagon, FWD, 2-stroke engine
a couple of Fiats and beetle, Mercedes 190 D
Austin-Healy Sprite - Frog Eye
Triumph Herald - convertible
Alfa Romeo - Guilia Coupe
First car I drove was an Adler Jr. convertible.

In Canada I drove fairly regular cars. Besides the TR 4 A and the TR 6
we have now a 1984 VW Scirocco and a 1985 Mercedes 190 D.

Most of my life I worked in the steamship industry and right now I am
semi-retired.
Cheers