RE: TR3A wiring question

To: "'Ken Gano'" <triumphs@mcleodusa.net>
Subject: RE: TR3A wiring question
From: "Dave Moag" <moag@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 22:19:42 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Ken,

You and I come from the exact same mechanical/electrical background (e.g..,
don't know s---).

So this is what I did:

First: just manually held the battery connections to the battery -- fully
expecting to have to pull them away as the sparks flew, but nothing
happened.

Second, exhale.

Third, hook battery up for real. Then I used to voltmeter to see that yes
indeed, current was going into and out of the obvious direct connections
(and still no smoke!).

Fourth, tried the horn. It worked first time through... pulse now returning
to normal.

Fifth, I disconnected lead to coil, turned on ignition, pressed start button
and heard the starter turn over.

Sixth, by now I had some confidence. So I just started turning on and
checking out one thing at a time. Ran into a few wiring issues, but by the
time I was done had the car running, head and tail lights working, horn
working, turn signals working... and it's Miller Time :)

Dave Moag
62 TR3B
77 Spitfire