Re: Gas Tank Renu

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gas Tank Renu
From: Jerry Oliver <slantws@home.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 09:10:57 -0700
List; I have used gas tank Renu in Minnesota on three tanks, and am
batting a 1000. I used them on a Model A Ford tank, the most difficult,
as the tank makes up the dash and part of the cowl, therefore only the
inside is coated. I also used them on my 66 TR4A, inside and out. Both
of those tanks I had previously chemically dipped, which revealed pin
holes. It was not necessary for any holes to cut in the tank. An extra
step and expense, but probably worth it. The other tank was a 1913
Overland, to which they unsolder the joints for cleaning, then
re-soldered the joints and treat with the teflon. I think the safety
issue hear outweighs originality. Until some makes a reproduction tank
that is similar to the original, I think its the way to go, certainly
for driven cars, and should receive only a minor deduction in concourse.
Jerry Oliver, Olympia WA