Stag article in Autoweek

To: stag@digest.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Stag article in Autoweek
From: Lawrence G Miceli <lgmtr6@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 11:23:33 -0400
Did any other "listers" have the "pleasure" of reading self appointed
collector car Guru, Keith Martin's less than stellar write-up on the 1971
Triumph Stag, in this weeks Autoweek Magazine?

This is the second time that he has written about the Triumph Stag. This
time,  after espousing the all too true facts about the inherent problems
of the Stag motor, he describes a car that went to auction, and was not
sold at $3250 US. The car was described as having shiny repaint (whatever
that means) good chrome, good interior, nice daily driver. He goes on to
say that this is all the money there is for a slushbox beater.

He further goes on to say that $6,000 is top buck for a Stag (his last
article listed $8K as top buck).

He says nothing about the fact that the problems have been worked out by
many different modifications over the years, nor does he say whether he
has ever even driven a well sorted Stag.

 I cancelled my subscription to his Market Newsletter many years ago as
it was clear to me that  unless it was an Italian car, in his eyes, it
was junk.

Keith, didn't your mother teach you that if you don't have anything nice
to say, don't say anything at all?

Larry Miceli
Gold Coast Triumph Club
Pompano Beach, Florida