Re: Stag article in Autoweek

To: "Lawrence G Miceli" <lgmtr6@juno.com>
Subject: Re: Stag article in Autoweek
From: "Lawrence Schilling" <lchillin@siu.edu>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 11:55:38 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumph" <TRIUMPHS@autox.team.net>
Keith Martin hates Stags and British cars in general.  He's one of those
elitist self proclaimed "car experts" that gets to shoot off his opinions as
if the were from the fount of all knowledge.

A freind of mine saw the piece in Autoweek and said " Boy, your Stag worth
less that $6000, that's too bad."  I said, Where did your hear that
bullshit?  When he said Keith Martin I just said well that figures he a
blooming idiot!

I remember when a friend of Keith Martins who had a nice Stag for sale asked
him if he thought he could get $10,000 for it and IN PRINT IN AUTOWEEK
Martin tells him his car is a piece of junk and isn't worth anywhere near
$10,000.  Some friend 'eh?

If Keith Martin would do some research he would find that good Stags sell
from $9,000 to $14,000 in the U.S. and even higher in England where there
are more to found.

 TRIUMPH WORLD  has these classified ads for Stags.

'72 Stag fully restored $14,400
'76 Stag Excelent condition $12,400
'77Stag Superb $12,500

I wish I had Martin's e-mail address.