TR6 failed emmissions

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 failed emmissions
From: "Daniel Elder" <Vitesse6@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 19:07:47 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
I have a friend who bought a '76 TR6. He tells me it failed emmissions
testing by "a lot".  I have never dealt with later emmission controlled cars
but am experienced with the earlier GT6 motor and Strombergs as fitted in my
Sports 6 (Vitesse).  He is a mechanical novice. I offered to help by
performing a thorough ignition tune up and replace the rubber diaphrams in
the carbs. Anyone have any other suggested items to check to try to get this
car to pass emmissions?
Thanks,
Dan Elder