Routine Maintenance Reveals Surprises!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Routine Maintenance Reveals Surprises!
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 1999 16:24:34 EDT
List,

Took today off to make it a 4 day weekend and began (to the Spit) re-bolting
the exhaust hanger straps with large flat washers...some PO had fastened the
straps with bolts only; the washerless boltheads neatly bored thru the rubber
straps...solved the banging rattle on turns!

So, I figured, since I was under "there" I'd check out other nuts-n-bolts and
viola....every bolt on the driver's side rear U joint mounting flange (the
one to the differential flange) was only finger tight - solved another random
mysterious noise I heard last week!

Gee, no odd noises for the moment, no oil drainback since I changed to a
Puralator Pure One oil filter, no pinging since I adjusted timing with the
handy vernier, 31.8 mpg last Sunday to a car show.....I think I'll treat her
to some Sunoco 94 tomorrow.

Have a great holiday weekend everyone.

Chip Krout
'76 TR6 CF57822U (Being Reborn For Y2K)