Re: To Weber or not to Weber

To: "Paul Leach" <pleach@vcsihome.com>
Subject: Re: To Weber or not to Weber
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Sep 1999 13:51:42 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
>I have to make a decision whether to rebuild the tired Strombergs on my TR6
>or part with $1650 for the triple Weber upgrade. I know that the rebuild is
>a lot cheaper but I would be interested to see what the general opinion is
>regarding this upgrade
If you haven't increased the compression ratio, port matched the heads,
installed a more aggressive cam, and an extractor exhaust then you will be
really disappointed in the results, and frankly wasting your money.  You
could probably use the Webers without the other mods, but you would have to
use such a small Venturi in each carb to achieve any sort of drivability
that it would be defeating the whole purpose of installing triple Webers.
It would however, look way cool!
Save your money.  Truly . . .in the long run you'll be happier with the
Strombergs on a mostly stock engine-

72 PI, V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (long term project)