Re: TR6 Dashes

To: " Philip Smith" <smith007@mindspring.com>, "Triumph" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Dashes
From: "Bob Danielson" <75trsix@snet.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Sep 1999 15:14:07 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
I guess it depends on how you're defining fit. If the cutout of the door
from the dash itself isn't perfect I'd send it back. Mine is a superthin cut
with perfect corner radiuses (?) and grain match. The door comes mounted on
hinges and lies perfectly flat in the dash BEFORE mounting it in the car.
Anything less and I'd call and ask for a refund or replacement. However....
if AFTER mounting the dash in the car and snugging it down against the metal
dash fascia the door no longer lies flat, you just have some shimming to do.
I had this problem after mounting my dash in the car. I tightened up all the
screws a little at a time, closed the dash door and the top left door corner
was about an eight of an inch from flush. I loosened up the fascia screws,
slide some wooden shims between the wood and metal dashes and kept
tightening and shimming until I got a perfectly flush fit.
Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 - current status at
http://pages.cthome.net/BobD