Search for car and driver

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Search for car and driver
From: dlwrn@ibm.net
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1999 09:56:45 -0500
Listers,

        I would like to find the owner of the car that sparked my interest in
Triumphs  years ago when I drove a TR4A IRS.  I would like to thank him
or to throttle, him depending on the mood.  His name is Tom Daly, he
lived in Deerfield Illinois, and had a wonderful BRG TR4, and a Dunstall
equipped Norton Commander, which I also had the joy of riding.  If
anyone in the Illinois club or elsewhere can connect him with me I would
be most appreciative.
        I joined  Minnesota Triumphs in January of 1998 as an act of seeking
winter sanity in Minnesota, purchasing my first TR6 soon thereafter!
That car was necessarily parted out at the VTR in Hudson last year after
discovering that the tub was terminal with rust.  I  purchased my second
TR6 with proceeds from the parts sale, and now I bought the third TR6
(rusted out frame, blown engine) to put on the rolling chassis left from
the first TR6.  It makes sense, right?  Many have concluded that my
original intent of seeking sanity and balance in my life is a futile
effort.
         I have collected a great deal from postings to this list, lurking as I
have for the past 18 months.  I have made some wonderful friends in the
club, one of whom is Andy Lindberg, fellow Volvo daily driver, editor of
one of the best Triumph newsletters and raconteur extrordinare.  I have
been warmly received by folks in Winnepeg, bid on and paid for early
registration for the Thunder Bay 2000 Rendezvous with "Healy Bucks", and
been promised a 'ride' when I tried to get to Austin Texas. (Thanks to
the generous offer of Bob Kramer and the folks who drive on some of the
nicest back roads in the Hill Country, and I will get down to the Hill
Country again in February!)
        Following the threads on this list has been interesting, from bios to
thrust washers.  Never really felt I had to say 'Get a life' to any
posters, as we all have our days! And besides it is just easier to
accept folks the way they come thru the door. With the rebuilding coming
up, I look forward to help from the list.  I guess that is the assumed
vision for the list, sharing the tech talk.  And I also do appreciate
the extraneous stuff in the amounts that seem to appear.  So, thanks for
inviting me in.
        Thanks for the bandwidth, now back to listening intently-------

Rick Wente
Stillwater, MN

CF1375UO Allmosta daily driver, scheduled for departure to Portland,
July 2000!
CF14972U Backup project!