Solid State Fuel Pump

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Solid State Fuel Pump
From: William Hook <wghook@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 1999 08:40:50 +0000
> Date: Thu, 02 Sep 1999 14:29:40 -0500
> From: kramer
> Subject: Solid State Fuel Pump
>

> >My TR3A had an electric fuel pump in place when I bought -- think the first
> thing I did was get rid of it and install a mechanical pump.  I'm not
> really
> a stickler for originality but the noise, though not loud, was IMO an
> annoying reminder that all was not as it was meant to be..
>
> Geo Hahn

I did the same thing on my 57 TR3.   My main concern though, was to
eliminate as much extra electrical load as possible and the thought of
having *The Prince* pumping gas  had me a bit nervous.  I left the
electric pump in place and put easy conects on the cut wire so I could
easily turn it on to fill the carb bowls after the car had sat for a
long time or in an emergency.

Bill Hook,  Rookie w/ 57 TR3