throw-out bearing

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: throw-out bearing
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 20:39:03 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Listers, 1959 T/R 3-A, with a return spring on the slave cyclinder, 46K
series, now my problem, if the clutch pedal is recessed the slightest bit I
get a very loud noise from the T/O bearing, using my toe I pull the pedal up
and the noise stops. No matter if I adjust the slave cyclinder up or down,
if the pedal is down just a tiny bit, very loud noise will come and go, it
stays if I do not raise the pedal. Do I have a bearing going (less than 10K
on complete unit), is the clutch way out of adjustment (feels fine), and it
shifts just great. The free play is about 1 to 2 inches from the floor and
also from the top down. Any harm coming to me or what should I to do try and
correct this. Art Kelly = "I think offered" free road service for S.E. VTR,
now thats about 900 miles from my home to him, well maybe it wasn't Art, it
could have been Ken N. Thanks for your help and advice.   "FT"