RearSprings TR-3A

To: "'TR-List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RearSprings TR-3A
From: Barry J Hammel <bluesky@execpc.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 12:27:07 -0500
Restarting a restoration that PO sold to me in boxes.

Cleaning up the rear springs, I noticed one spring has two short pieces on top
of longest leaf.  Pieces are 3.5" long appear to be be same metal as all leafs
with same amount of corrosion.  Look to be stock and original as do the center
bolts.

If installed one side of vehicle would be about 3/8 inch higher.  I recall
comment sometime ago, not sure if from this list or Healey list that some
vehicles had something like this to compentate for "driver only" driving to keep
rear level (maybe a racing list)

Am I losing it or is this correct????  TIA

Cheers,  Barry

'58 TR3 (with long way to go)
'60 TR3 (parts)
'62 Tricarb Healey (even further to go)