RE: Fender repair panels for TR4A - any good?

To: philpatt@kalamazoo.net
Subject: RE: Fender repair panels for TR4A - any good?
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 1999 21:37:43 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: Cliff Hansen <chansen@access1.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
On Fri, 17 Sep 1999 philpatt@kalamazoo.net wrote:

> I bought the TRF panel, and have yet to weld it on.  I do like it though, it
> appears well thought out.  It has (Ack! the proper word escapes me) a bent
> top edge (two 90 degree bends), to allow it to slide under the fender,
> allowing a smooth weld, without trying butt weld it.  (Crimp?  Is that the
> word I'm looking for?)

"Flange", I think... and I like butt welding better because it doesn't
leave 2 layers of metal.

Apologies to long-windedness, I've just so stoked about how well my car
runs.. and itching to spend some more money on welding gas and fix my
fenders :-)

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its new home is:
http://www.islandnet.com/~walker05/triumph/trfaq.htm