Re: Steering wheel repair

To: "INTERNET:Anjison@aol.com" <Anjison@aol.com>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: Re: Steering wheel repair
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 23:29:02 -0400
Message text written by INTERNET:Anjison@aol.com
>Thanks for the info, I just got a new wheel (well not NEW) and the wrap is
>good just loose in a few places. I thought I had read about this and will
>give it a try ASAP. Doesn't the Super Glue stick the plunger to the
>syringe????

Good question.  Given enough time, it would.  You need to move quickly,
but I had NO problem with the glue setting in the syringe.  These CA glues
set when exposed to water vapor (or other -OH radicals), AFAIK.  In the
relatively well sealed syringe the glue is not exposed to too much that makes
it want
to polymerize.

>I love my TR6 (Restoration in progress!!!) I am not going to make it a
>concourse car but I am making it look really nice.....Maybe someday a
>MotoLita Wheel (I like the wood look!)<

I have a nice wood rim Les Leston wheel.  It is a period acccessory.  I did
see one for sale in dire need of refinishing for about $150 last spring.
I bet you can find one in better condition for less if you look.

You can find a picture of the LL wheel at my website:
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/arhodes

-Tony