TR6--testing the chassis

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6--testing the chassis
From: "Tom Di Iulio" <diiulio@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 21:54:32 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
Dear Listers,
    i am getting closer to completing my chassis re-assembly, with engine
and tranny soon to be sitting in a rolling frame.  the body will be back
from the painter's soon, but i don't want to set it back on the frame until
i can test a few components while i still have easy acess.
    i'm sure the engine can be run, but how do i test brakes and clutch for
line integrity without having the pedals from the body to activate? my goal
is to test systems such as:
            exhaust
            brakes line
            clutch
            fuel
    is this even possible? i just don't want to find "gushers" after i set
the newly-painted body back on. can i use air pressure? any thoughts/advice
would be appreciated. thanks,
Tom Di Iulio
1976 TR6 (ordered redlines today!)
Denver, Co.