RE: Bent TR4 pushrods - misleading post!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, Luke P Miller <umilll02@umail.ucsb.edu>
Subject: RE: Bent TR4 pushrods - misleading post!
From: John Cowan <jfcowan@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 09:32:00 -0700
In a recent post I wrote:
      Basically I fully loosened all the rocker adjustments and turned the
fan until the rods were equally extended on one cylinder, just as one
finished heading up and before the other started down. I roughly adjusted
those rockers and moved the fan half way round.  Then I did the next
cylinder in the firing order and continued in that fashion 'till all were
done.  This is a variation on the way I adjust the valves with the head
already in place.

I should have added that in normally adjusting the valves, when I find one
cylinder "on the rock" (pushrods equally extended on one cylinder, just as
one finished heading up and before the other started down), I adjust the
*other* cylinder whose pushrods are equally extended.

    John Cowan

Visit - In Their Own Words Website - an on-line non-commercial publishing
experiment, plus movie reviews, articles and Left/Progressive links at:
                           http://home.earthlink.net/~jfcowan