Re: Houston, we have a problem...

To: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>, TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Houston, we have a problem...
From: radams@ArkansasUSA.com (RANDALL ADAMS)
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 11:12:22 -0500
Very insightfull dave....Now for a little back ground information.  This
transmission was put in my car last april,  It came out of a parts car that
had been sitting since 1971.  There was a lot of debris in the sump of the
gear box & the over drive.  I cleaned it up and flushed well.  The gear box
has functioned with-out fail all summer (about 8,000 miles...it's a daily
driver).  The over drive has never engaged due to a bad operating valve
setting (i hoped).  Thanks to the recent web site referal about overdrives,
I was able to adjust it properly.  This morning when I came into the shop I
put the car in reverse without starting it.  It locked in gear and could not
be rolled!  that was not the case last night.  So your advice about the
ovedrive being stuck would fit in this case.  and once the pressue bled off
it allowed the clutch to release. (it appears that th overdrive pump is in
fact working.)  Once i bleed the clutch today, i'll take it down the road
and try it out.

Thanks again for the help!
--
Randall Adams