Alternator Upgrade

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Alternator Upgrade
From: dane trSix <dbtr6@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 08:21:12 -0700 (PDT)

The alternator in my 73 TR6 failed and I need to have
it replaced. I went to my local auto parts store and
ordered a new alternator for a 1978 Ford Fiesta as
suggested on the VTR maintenance pages. However, the
alternator I got does not bolt into the brackets on my
73 tr6 without major modifications to the alternator.

Have any of you upgraded the Lucas alternator lately,
and what is you experience ? The shop can order the
correct replacement for the Lucas alternator, but I
would like to have the 55 amp instead of the 29 amp
the Lucas gives me. Did the store give me the wrong
alternator, or do I have to ask for a specific model,
when I order a Ford Fiesta alternator.

Any info will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dane