Re: Practical Classics TR4A Restoration

To: Tomislav Marincic <TomAndKate@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Practical Classics TR4A Restoration
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 09:12:57 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Fri, 24 Sep 1999, Tomislav Marincic wrote:

>         These guys paid GBP4700 for the car, plus GBP 1100 in shipping and
> customs, for a whopping $9296 total (at 1.6 USD to the GBP). What they got

The way I see it, car prices in UK are numerically similar to car prices
around here, just that the commerce value is more.  I guess they get
better wages then too.

At least, that's what it seemed from reading the price guides.  A car that
would sell for $4000 here would sell for 4000 UKP there. (sometimes)

Altho I must admit that $4700 is way too much for a parts car.  Then
again, maybe it has some historical / emotional signifigance?

> was a borderline parts car: rusty sills, floors, and inner fenders
> (Canadian car); steel pipes for bumpers; no top; trashed interior, blue
> over white over blue paint job, lots of nonstandard parts, not running,
> etc... It has overdrive, but the solenoid is out and someone has rigged a
> hook and line to engage it manually(!).The owner has agreed to spend

Hey, this is *my* car!  (I'd better check to make sure it's still here...)
Hmm, not quite mine, I am green over blue over red.  *phew*

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its new home is:
http://www.islandnet.com/~walker05/triumph/trfaq.htm