TR6 PI spotted for sale

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 PI spotted for sale
From: "Worthy, John" <John.Worthy@corpmail.telstra.com.au>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 13:26:51 +1000
Came across a PI TR6 for sale in the Consignment Centre at Queanbeyan.  It
is a later model in Sienna Brown.  Paintwork was good.  I'd say this had
been respayed because of the painted bake booster.  The vehicle had a
factory hardtop.  Problems I identified in a short time were: no engine
shroud, the dash laminate was coming off, the bonnet wouldn't spring up when
released (broken pedestal which holds the spring) and fibreboard in the
trunk needed replacing.  I also noted a big gap between the hard top and the
RHS windscreen (could have been fixtures).  Motor looked dirty and head
looked rusty (paint worn off).  Definitely in need of restoration.  The
retailer said that it wouldn't start and they were going to get it looked
at.

The owner wanted AUS$19999 which was way too much when compared to other
TR6s you see advertised.  I would pick its overall condition as average and
it would be worth no more than say $14K.

John