Supercharger Update

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Supercharger Update
From: Joseph J Burlein <tr6guy@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 17:45:23 -0400
OK, since there seems to be some interest, I will try to some it up so
far.

The blower itself is from Magnuson which handles Eaton products.  It is
an Eaton M-62 supercharger.  This blower is made for 2.5L to 4.0L cars
and weighs 19lbs.  According to Eaton's charts is is around 37 to 40hp
increase at 10psi.  I have heard that they got between 40 and 50 percent
increases on these types of cars in the 70s.  The blower was $1050 when I
told them I was getting my kit from Vintage Induction Systems.

The kit is from Vintage Induction Systems (tell 'em I sent ya'  ;-}  )
from North Hampton NH.  (PNBOUTCH@aol.com) A guy by the name of Pete
Boucher designed and built the thing.  Really nice guy and very honest.
He let me pay half up front and half after I inspected everything to see
if it was to my satisfaction.  It was 700 when I got a month ago.  The
kit looks professionally designed and better than some of the replacement
parts I've sticking on the car for the last few years.  The kit includes:
        Manifold (aluminum and numbered)
        Sneeze Valve
        Bypass Valve
        Mounting brackets
        Belt Tensioner
        Pulley
        2 Belts
        Carburetor Adapter Ring
        Carburetor Linkage
        Gaskets and Fasteners
        1 Tube of Loctite
        1 Tube of Halomar
        1 Bottle of Acetone
        Instruction Sheets

It also came with photos of a previous installation so I can see what I
am doing.  Plus photo copies of an out of print manual on SU rebuilding.

The only thing missing is the carb.  Good luck.  They are getting harder
and harder to find.   Joe Curto has them and wants a mint for a rebuilt
one.  Of course, it will done right then.

I will post results and before and after runs with times when I finish.
I hope to be done before the VTR SE event in Florida.

Joe Burlein
72 TR-6
Melbourne, FL

Real cars are designed to carry only two people, anything else is just a
bus.