TRF

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TRF
From: Jack W Drews <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 1999 05:38:15 -0500
I will continue to use TRF as my primary supplier.

Owning a British Car is a hobby. It's not like buying Chevvie parts. TRF
is a LITTLE business in terms of number of people, even though they have
many $$ in inventory. They do a good job, even if there is an individual
screwup from time to time.

Regarding quality -- in the last two weeks I had quality problems with
parts from two OTHER suppliers:
1.   Front motor mounts with METRIC threads (throw those nuts in the pan
with the rest of them? hah!)
2.  Carb kit not from England but from American supplier -- distinctly
inferior, flex line just a piece of fabric covered rubber hose with no
clamping provions, crucial rubber part not included, yada

Yes, backorders are frustrating.

--
uncle jack
TR4 - 10 mpg