Re: 70 spit battery not charging-Solved Yippee!!!!

To: KHOCO@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 70 spit battery not charging-Solved Yippee!!!!
From: KHOCO@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 17:48:39 EDT
Listers
          I finally gave up and brought the generator to a automotive
electric shop and had it tested. It was OK. I also had the first new volt
regulater with me and that tested bad. He had the correct voltage regulater
in stock so I had him test that one with the generator and it tested good.
Then he polorized the generator by jumpering from the positive battery
terminal to the armature terminal. he also polorized the volt regulater by
jumpering the B and D terminals on the volt reg. This is different from
everything I've read or been told. But Hell I didn't care if he lit incense,
put on a grass skirt and danced around the generator singing. When I got home
and put the gen and new volt reg in the ignition light went out and the
system started charging!
            Thanks to all who took the time to help me with this problem. I
believe the main problem was that I was plauged by bad replacement parts.
            I don't know about the way he polorized the generator versus the
conventinal way, it just works the way he did it.

Ken Copeland
70 GT6+ KC78784
70 Spit FDU84919 Charging like a champ.
70 GT6+ KC81551 (Ok so I like 70s)