Re: TR3A picture needed

To: triumphs@mcleodusa.net
Subject: Re: TR3A picture needed
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 20:08:13 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 10/1/99 12:22:43 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
triumphs@mcleodusa.net writes:

<< I spent the evening reinstalling the front apron.  I feel like I have a
very
 nice fit, except the front, top attachment points (where the bowed piece of
 square tubing bolts through the brackets on the inner fender wells).  There
 is a full and uniform inch between the holes in the apron and the holes in
 the mounting brackets.  Otherwise, it fit up fine and very square.

 Can anyone direct me towards a good picture.  I am wondering if there is
 some sort of spacer in here I am missing.  The closest picture I can find is
 page 23 of Piggott 1st edition and it appears to be as I remember, that
 being that the apron and the brackets bolt directly together.  My only other
 option is to fit the hood and see how the curve looks, but a picture could
 save a lot of grief.

 TIA

 Ken Gano

Hi Ken

No spacer I am aware of here. Are you sure the square bar is attached
correctly to the nosepiece? Check the ends of the bar, they should be nearly
equal with relation to the body brackets?
Also perhaps you just need to turn the thing around?  ;-)
Check the distance on both sides between the edge of the apron and the
scuttle, to insure the bonnet will fit and the gap will be uniform between
nose & bonnet - before you tighten up. Have this t-shirt.
G'luck
Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B