Re: Flame Trap Alternatives

To: lbc61tr4@usa.net
Subject: Re: Flame Trap Alternatives
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 19:29:08 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 10/1/99 2:03:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time, lbc61tr4@usa.net
writes:

<< Things are moving along pretty quickly now.  Fenders and hood back from
 sandblasting.  Working on the body work.  Still hope to have the car on the
 road before Y2K.  Still have to solve the problem of a missing flame trap.
 I'd like to know whether anyone has come up with an alternative.  I was
 thinking about using a PCV valve.  Maybe fabricate something that looks like
 the original part for the closed breather TR4 engine. >>

Hi Paul
Perhaps you should give some thought to a return to the original SU / open
breather system? Correct for your CT133 TR4. You'd need TR3A -B carbs, a
different valve cover and oil cap, and the breather tube on the side of the
engine.
I have both setups and prefer SU over ZS, although not tremendously!
The 3A setup should be easy to find, whereas the flame traps are seemingly
fairly rare.
Just my $.02
Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A