Re: TR6 seats

To: RaceF1@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR6 seats
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 1999 21:02:57 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
If the TR6 seats age like Spitfire ones do, I think buying used seats to
solve your problem is not a very wise option.  The foam doesn't hold up
so well and the replacement seats probably won't hold up well either
unless they have had the foam replaced.  Foam replacement is probably
the best solution (in spite of the cost).  If you are creative and have
enough of the original foam left, you can build your own seat foam
pieces.  Just be sure you get "loaded" upholstery foam and use a good
adhesive to glue the pieces together.

Regards,
Joe Curry

--