Spit turn Signals

To: <spitfires@autox.team.net>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spit turn Signals
From: "Tom Ambrose" <tambrose@tir.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 1999 11:11:11 -0400charset="Windows-1252"
Hello,

As I continue to sort out my '71 Spit, I'm running into some difficulty
getting the turn signals to function. Here's the deal:

The front turn signals will turn on, but not blink and the rear ones don't
glow at all. I switched the hazard light off and on a bunch of times and for
awhile, the dash hazard indicator light glowed, but no front or back hazard
lights blinked. However that doesn't even glow now.

Another clue: while driving at dusk, I noticed the headlights wouldn't go
on. I rotated the fuse and they worked.

Oh, the horn doesn't work, either.

Finally, is the flasher on the back of the firewall 'tray' above the coil?
Whatever it is, I took it out and cleaned the two prongs. Still, no hazard
or turn signals.

As you can tell by my questions, I don't have a grasp of either where to
clean the connections or what to replace.

Thanks for any help,

Tom