Re: Stripping paint

To: dwillner@icontech.com, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stripping paint
From: Gbouff1@aol.com
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 1999 20:34:22 EDT
Dave,

I can't help you with the "fume " part as the stripper that I am recomending
has a low oder and regular version.  The trouble is that the low oder doesn't
work as well.

The stripper is made by KLEEN STRIP and is called AIRCRAFT STRIPPER.  It
works quite well, you apply a liberal coat and let ist sit 45-60 minutes and
use a wire brush with lots of elbow grease, and gloves, this stuff burns on
contact with skin.  It took me about 1.5-2 hours per fender with undercoating
, to strip inside and out.  Until I tried a gasoline powered pressure washer.
 This is a remarkable way to strip paint, it cut the time down to 10-15
minutes per fender after waitilng the 45-60 minutes to allow the stripper to
work.

Good luck.

Gary Bouffard
59 TR3A