TR3A oil filter stud question

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3A oil filter stud question
From: "Ken Gano" <triumphs@mcleodusa.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 1999 23:04:19 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Is the lower front stud (triumph #105359, Moss #112-170) where the oil
filter adaptor mounts to the block anything more than a standard stud?  The
reason I ask is that I have replace mine with a solid stud and now have no
oil pressure reading through to the gauge.  I seem to have oil pressure per
removal of a galley plug, but the gauge does not register.  This would seems
consistent with that stud (where the oil gauge feed line attaches) needing a
"banjo" type stud, but I don't recall removing one from there and the
catalogs make it look like a standard, generic solid stud.

TIA

Ken Gano