Re: TR3A oil filter stud question

To: Ken Gano <triumphs@mcleodusa.net>
Subject: Re: TR3A oil filter stud question
From: Randall <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 03 Oct 1999 22:18:32 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Ken :

I just checked a spare block, and that stud appears to be an ordinary
5/16" stud. (Measured diameter = .315", but I might not have been square
on it.)  The hole through the filter head is considerably larger (around
.350"), so there should be plenty of room for oil to flow through the
gap.  Note that there is a notch in the side of the filter head next to
the block, which might possibly be plugged with gasket sealer, and that
the ID of the copper washer between the banjo and the filter head must
be larger than 5/16". (I believe the one Moss sells has a 3/8" ID.)

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver