Re: Tar from wheel wells

To: <Crazeecooter@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tar from wheel wells
From: "Rob Robertson" <robandmaggie@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 1999 22:14:49 -0700
Jonathan,
I used paint stripper, same as on the outside of the car. Yea, it was messy,
but I don't remember it being that much worse than the two coats of paint
and the primer. The black undercoater covered the entire bottom of the car
(TR3a) and I remember finding some rust under it where it had cracked, or
hadn't been stopped prior to undercoating. NO WAY WOULD I LEAVE IT ON THE
CAR! When you paint the underside, do a coat of one of the rock guard
products (clear or colored to match) over all the underside surfaces. Looks
clean, won't crack, and lets you see what's going on when you work under
there.
Rob Robertson
Seattle