TR4A purchased

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4A purchased
From: Jerry Oliver <slantws@home.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 1999 10:25:37 -0700
I brought home a new friend over the week end. It's a 1966 TR4A IRS  CTC
70200L, BRG, black interior, white hood, wire wheels. It's a one owner
car (well, now two) purchased new by PO in England at Coventry. An USA
export model, he drove it England for a week, then it spent most of its
life until about 1972 in Texas, at which time it was taken off the road.
The master cylinder failed, and car slowly collided with another in a
parking lot, leaving a light crease across the left fender and door. It
was then taken off the road. Unfortunately, during it's sleep for the
last 27 years, an ex wife stripped off all the paint and left it to
surface rust. Some parts were removed to facilitate engine removal, as
well some others ones as well. The engine was left intact. I've already
got the sheet metal back on, and will install the engine during the
coming few weekends, to attempt to start it. The best thing about this
car is that it hasn't passed through a lot of owners who mucked with it.
Most of the car is original, albeit well used, and I'm learning new
things about TR4As already, even though I've restored one. I hope to
breather life into her once again. Jerry Oliver, Olympia, WA.