RE: TRF Nightmare

To: amdixon@erols.com
Subject: RE: TRF Nightmare
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 1999 13:26:37 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi,

If you got stiffed for a late fee, it's because you didn't make the payment
in time... FWIW, I think we're on the same page with respect to credit card
companies etc. If you care, I caught my credit card company trying to stiff
me for the late fee (not the interest, I fully understand them charging me
for the loan). When I called them on it (I talked to a supervisor,
supposedly), they denied that they were delaying the credit to my
account... suddenly all my bill payments were being credited within three
days of my having sent it in.

Coincidence??? Maybe.

The point is that the "late fee" is basically a way for the banks to charge
illegally high interest rates, and I'm appalled that our wonderful
lawmakers in Washington don't do anything about it. The banks are just
plain greedy.

If you made any payment on your account within the deadline amount on your
statement, then I believe the bank would be in error by charging your
account with a late fee. But you do have to meet the min. payment outlined
on your statement.

I'm not nit-picking... but this kind of stuff does make me a little angry
from time-to-time. And I kind of feel bad for the "front line" 800 folks
that take my calls... I'm kind of difficult in this regard. On the other
hand, my expectations are well-founded with my _contractual agreement_ with
the Plasticard company. When I remind them (and they remind me, by the
way), the "understanding" re-convenes and we poke along for another year or
two 'till one if us screws up.

Regards and happy purchasing,
rml
p.s. (not to you Andy) could we stop the bashing for a while and "talk
Triumph"??

Bob Lang      | TR 6 Guy           | Editor: New England Triumphs
Phone:        | 617-253-7438 (days)| 781-438-2568 (eves)
Occupation:   | ComputerZ          | TR fixer-Upper