Re: TR2 Bonnet Hinges

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR2 Bonnet Hinges
From: "Dave Lee" <djflee@globalnet.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 19:36:59 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Thanks to everyone for the info, painted seems correct for my car. It looks
as though I managed to pick a decent restorer who knows what he is talking
about. - (Pedigreed Cars, Forres, Morayshire, Scotland). Certainly the job
they are doing is pretty impressive so far. Any areas where the surface
metal is not quite smooth they are applying body solder - (leading
effectively). In one case by the windscreen mount, this means cutting out
filler I did not know was there, replacing a riveted-in patch which again I
knew nothing about, and replacing with a beautifully welded plate which has
then been soldered to give a smooth metal finish.
Given that the bulk of this has been generated by my own incompetence - I
drove off without checking the bonnet dzus fasteners were secure, damaging
the bulkhead and scuttle as well as the bonnet; I am pleased to say that the
insurance company (Flint) have been superb. Although I shall not get the car
on the road in time for the last of this summer, it will be looking
outstanding for 2000.
They own a large number of classic themselves - 5 Maseratis as well as a
number of Citroens (they are a Citroen dealer), and an old Morris. The
Morris had been rescued from a barn and when the came to replace the rotting
wood floor they found that it was made from dynamite boxes - the name on the
wood: Nobel. One assumes not factory fit.

Thanks again

Dave Lee
1955 TR2