Re: Heritage Remanufactured Sun Visors

To: gklein@toad.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Heritage Remanufactured Sun Visors
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 14:00:26 EDT
In a message dated 99-10-03 15:38:22 EDT, gklein@toad.net writes:

<< The other end of the visor uses a
 small 3" piece of similar rod that slides in the other visor end and
 attaches to the rubber holder towards the central part of the windscreen
 frame.

 The tolerances are apparently pretty sloppy.  I don't see how the visor
 can "grab" onto the bar in order to stay put where one wants it. >>

Gary,

I solved the same problem on my Spit by taking a very small sized black cable
tie and, with the visor (and rod) in place, pulled the ends of the rubber
holder together around the rod with the cable tie so the rubber holder got
more grip on the rod.  If you use a very small cable tie, you can poke a hole
through the holder rubber with an awe or ice pick, pull it tight, dress it
(cut the end off) and it's fairly invisible.  The obvious disadvantage of
this method is that you can't swing the visor around sideways to block the
sun in that direction...but in all my years of driving LBCs, I don't think I
ever needed to do that...I probably just changed direction!

Good luck,

Chip Krout
'76 TR6 CF57822U (Being Reborn For Y2K)
'70 Spitfire Mk3 FDU78512L