RE: TR6 clutch slave cylinder

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 clutch slave cylinder
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 14:03:14 -0600 charset="iso-8859-1"

Only the first time you depress the clutch. After that the hydraulics will
adjust to give you the same travel as you had before you added the spacer. I
believe that is how a hydraulic clutch works (ie. it is self-adjusting).

FWIW, my clutch works just fine with the slave rod in the *bottom* hole.
That is the one which results in the least amount of travel but also puts
the least strain on all the clutch components during the release/engagement
operation.

I think you need to address the issue of the lost motion. Bleeding all the
air out, removing all the "slop" in the linkage (including the pedal hole),
making sure the flexible hose is not expanding are the things which come to
mind.

Good luck.

--- Peter Zaborski  CF58310UO ---