Re: Early TR Gauge revisited -

To: bschwart@pacbell.net
Subject: Re: Early TR Gauge revisited -
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 16:17:54 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 04-Oct-99 15:52:18 Eastern Daylight Time,
bschwart@pacbell.net writes:

> So
>  if anyone has a Smith's or Lucas Ammeter gauge, white needle pointing
>  UPWARD with white lettering that looks just like the gauge I have (glass
>  and bezel type not important, but must be removable as stock so I can use
>  my existing ones in case yours are different), that would like to swap,
>  drop me an E-mail and maybe we can work something out-

Barry, FWIW   I replaced the old ammeter innards with one from a modern
gauge.  Just opened the new gauge, removed the D'arsenval movement, painted
the needle white and slipped the whole thing into the old gauge face.  Then I
reinstalled the old face into the old case, and put on the old bezel and
glass.

Can't remember what brand the new gauge was but an ammeter should be readily
available at NAPA etc.  Take your old one over and have them match it.
You'll want one that will handle up to thirty five amps plus or minus and
will fit into the old guage face and case with the needle pointing in the
correct direction.
Cheers.

Art Kelly