Radiator TR6

To: "'triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Radiator TR6
From: "frank" <frank@ssabsa.sa.gov.au>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 09:52:28 +0930charset="iso-8859-1"
 Hi All,

Does anyone out there happen to have a fairly detailed pic of the radiator
from
an early TR6? I don't think it would matter whether it's from a PI or Card
model
as the orientation of the hoses would just be reversed. I ask this because
while
servicing the car yesterday I noticed the bonnet (hood for US) actually hits
the
radiator cap when you close the bonnet. This of course means that the
radiator
is falling apart from the constant pressure on it. It looks as though the
radiator
is not an original, but one that has been made up to fit because the top
tank is
square (ish) for the whole width of the tank (ie it doesn't have the
indentation
where the neck and cap are located that I've seen on all the diagrams in
manuals
etc). Also, the welds on the side of the radiator look like they were done
by a
five year old. I think I might get another one made up soon... so a few pics
and/or
measurements of original radiators might be useful....

Thanks,

Frank Biedermann
69 TR6 PI
Adelaide