free-flow exhaust

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: free-flow exhaust
From: Tom Bottman <tombotts@home.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 1999 20:17:06 -0700
My 59 TR3A came with a free-flow exhaust system of some sort, basically
a long pipe with one built in (welded) baffle. Seems to be making more
and more noise the last few months. Can't find any obvious holes or
corrosion. So . . . do those things wear out like a normal muffler
system? Then do you replace the entire unit (I would guess so). Any
opinions out there on Monza verus the Moss Motors free-flow. Or, if I go
for the normal setup, does the stainless version give any benefit other
than being longer lasting and more resistant to corrosion.
Thanks,
Tom Bottman
59 TR3A
74 TR6